RSS Feed For This News
The Love Blog
Love Advice: No Easy Answer, Mike...
My girlfriend and I have had I guess, you can call them bickerings. What it comes down to is that she's afraid. Afraid to let go of her past. She's had some rotten relationships. I know that it can lead to poor self esteem and as well to putting walls up around yourself and not letting anyone in. It's been 7 yrs since her last relationship and she holds tight to her guard. I love her and I know she loves me. when she looks at me and when she speaks to me, it feels as though it's not me she sees. Its like I'm the ex. Its not fair to myself or to her. It's also not good for the relationship. I had a couple of relationships where my ex's cheated on me. I let them go, as well as what happened. It's not worth hanging on to. I have talked to her about how I feel and she just blows it off. I'm in desperate need of advise.
To read Stella's advice to Mike, visit Dear Stella
Adrenaline Junkies? Try these daring dates...
Try something new and daring to spice up your love life.
"Adventurous dates add excitement, which arouses the central nervous system," says David B. Givens, Ph.D., author of Love Signals and director of the Center for Nonverbal Studies. "If you get an adrenaline rush from, say, sky-diving, you're both charged up, and that feeling spreads into the relationship itself. You associate that rush of adrenaline with the person you're with." Here are five suggestions for daring dates that'll kick the romance quotient up a notch:
Daring Date #1: Defy gravity
Daring Date #2: Spice things up
Daring Date #3: Get inked
Daring Date #4: Play a part together
Daring Date #5: Sah-wing!
(Excerpts by Amelia McDonell-Parry, at Match.com)
For some more fun date ideas (and a little more tame), visit our Fun Romantic Ideas
Quote for the day...
Visit our cool page of thought provoking quotes about love and romance at Love Quotes
Does True Love Really Exist?
What is this thing called love?
I saw you there one wonderful day
Love has been the topic of countless articles, books, discussions, many sleepless nights, and literally thousands of popular songs. So my question is this: Does true love really exist?
Yes, I believe it does. It just doesn't take the form you might normally recognize. It's not surprising to ask this question, because some of the affairs we witness in our society today are more often than not based on physical appearances and/or sexual attraction, and have lacked that true strong feeling called love. True love comprises yearning for each other, sharing, laughing together and being life companions, forever friends.
These are some of the attributes missing in many marriages today. I think in most cases, the husband and wife are caught in a trap or "farce". Marriage was necessary in order to be socially acceptable. If the relationship is based on superficial things, the two basically just get fed up with each other within the first 2-3 years. After that, it's just the same old life and its responsibilities and of course, the intimate capsule called sex. Relationships based on physical attraction just do not last through the years. If a "pure" thing such as true love is to exist, then first it has to be far, far away from sexual attraction/physical appearance; and second it has to be "forever".
The relationship that I believe we should be fostering in our lives and marriages is "friendship"--- understanding, sharing, and laughing together. I feel that some couples just start pretending to themselves that they are in love, as I have seen this in many affairs. I think there are a lot of other feelings which seem to be close to love but they are not, they just masquerade as "love".
In the end, TRUE LOVE can exist between couples -- but it is rare! True love is based on sacrifice, where you totally give 100% to the beloved, and expect nothing in return.
The best way to express TRUE LOVE is to try to be selfless and kind, and first of all love God and then hope to love God's creation as well. As for the typical human relationships, mostly they are based on attachment, lust, or social convenience. But if two people marry consciously with the aspiration to blend their souls into one, and to serve and support each other, THEN I believe THAT will grow into TRUE LOVE.
---Some excerpts by: Joseph Danladi Elvis Bot
For some great long-term relationship advice to help you and your sweetie endure the ages... visit our Pearls of Wisdom.
Invited to a Halloween Party?
Halloween's not just for the kiddies! I know, every year you intend to do something cool for halloween. Well, this year do it! it's not too late to order just the right costume for that halloween party.
And if you have a partner to go with you, you should consider getting matching or complementary costumes. Making an entrance in matching costumes will no doubt impress your fellow partygoers and set the two of you apart from the rest of the crowd.
Look over some really clever couples themes, Star Wars, Pimps 'N Hoes, Austin Powers, sexy Nurse, Toga! ...you name it, they've got it. Here's some cool websites to get you started:
And check this one out for some creative "make-it-yourself" costume ideas: Costume Page
Show your creative side, and have a blast!!!
Quiet Hurricane Season? Shhhhhhhh.........
Season's not over yet!
If you live in Florida like we do, then you appreciated the thankfully quiet Hurricane season we have had this year. Enough, already! The last two years have just about blown us out of the water! And then, the experts were predicting a really busy storm season for this year, too...
Well, guess what? They don't really know. All their computer models and years of research really don't help them predict hurricanes. This season has been a very quiet one (granted the Atlantic season doesn't officially end til Nov. 30th). I hope I'm not putting the Grand Jinx on us by posting this entry. We're just so happy not to be hunkered down in front of our tv sets for the latest coordinates, or standing in line for plywood this year!
Some have predicted that the last 2 years of bad storms will tarnish the great image Florida has enjoyed as a great, clean, fun and sunny place in which to live and visit. Well, hear it from us... it still is! This too shall pass; the hurricane threat will retreat into the background as a minor inconvenience for most of us. We are rebuilding, and Florida remains an outstanding state for relaxation, recreation, and the day-to-day business of living.
Come visit and see for yourself!
CAYE CAULKER, BELIZE--- Unassuming, relaxing, genuine
A couple of weeks ago, we shut down this blog for a few days to go on vacation. We all went to Belize! You may have heard of it, and not realized where it is, or what it's about. Well we had a great relaxing time, and wanted to tell you a little bit about it. Click here for ... (The Rest of the Story...)
We Have A Winner... Romance Writing Contest
YOUR TM SAVED OUR RELATIONSHIP!
Pete and I have been together now for over 3 years. A couple of months ago, we moved into an apartment together. It's really different when you move in together. You have to just look the other way sometimes. He makes me mad sometimes. But its also been fun and a learning experience. And I believe we love each other a lot.
(To hear how our TM instruction page helped save Ellie's relationship, click here... Love Stories)
Tired old computer? What to do with it...
Happy Endings: How to Wrap Up a Great Date...
And ask for more!
Run the Highlight Reel
Show Off Your Listening Skills
Have a (Good) Next Date Idea
Don't be Coy
some excerpts by Laura Snyder; Copyright Fun Online Corporation.
NOW, for a comprehensive and useful guide to dating for dummies...
What's For Dinner? 'How Bout Steak!
What could be more romantic than a delicious steak dinner for two? This is soooo easy, skillet seared...but yummy!!! And don't forget the candles...
STEAK AU POIVRE (PEPPERED STEAK)
In small skillet, melt butter, saute onion til tender, add Worchestershire and lemon juice. Set aside and serve with finished steaks.
For some great romantic meals, (free menus and recipes), check out Romantic Menus (romantic-menus.html)
Beautiful Hair: The Top 4 Hair Myths
Every day we're bombarded with advertisements for products and services to improve our hair. While some of these products may enhance appearance, they also can contribute to hair loss, something which affects 80 million American men and women. While hair loss is not life-threatening by any means, it can be emotionally devastating, especially for women. So buyer beware!
Dermatologist Zoe D. Draelos, M.D., a clinical associate professor in the department of dermatology at Wake Forest University School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, N.C., outlines the big four hair care myths. Take stock of your locks and don't fall for these falsehoods.
Myth No. 1: Dandruff does not contribute to hair loss.
Myth No. 2: Prescription shampoos treat scalp diseases, but also damage hair.
Myth No. 3: As hair turns gray, permanent waves and color treatments should be stronger.
Myth No. 4: Blow drying hair with heat gives the hair body.
For a great compact guide to hair care and performing a style makeover for your locks, visit our Hair Salon!
Sexual Intimacy... When to say NO!
Whether you are a young newbie, fresh on scene, or a hardened veteran of the divorce wars, dating can be a very trying and heart-breaking experience for you. And one of the hardest things to figure out, and adhere to, is a good "intimacy policy" that will help you assure success in finding and keeping a quality long-term relationship, while keeping your self-esteem intact at the same time.
Well, remember what your Mama used to tell you? ("If you give in, he won't respect you!")? Although this bit of advice sounds dated and old-fashioned, there is a ring of truth to it... For some great advice on "When to say NO" to sex, visit our practical, specific, commonsense guide at Sensuous Woman.
Date Night Tonight? Go see a movie...
Man, slim pickins at the box office this week, but we found a Kevin Costner flick just out!
Mixed reviews, but Costner is always a treat to watch, right?
Here's the IMDB review:
Best described as the US Coast Guard version of "Top Gun" with a little "An Officer and A Gentleman" thrown in, "The Guardian" is a passable diversion with the recognition of having parts of the aforementioned films. Kevin Costner plays an aging USCG rescue swimmer whose team is killed in a horrific rescue mission. Immediatley prior to this terrible event, his wife (Sela Ward) also announced that she cannot take anymore. His first love is always the rescue mission. This leaves Costner an obviously emotional wreck.
His commander gives him a choice--- quit or take a position as an instructor at the USCG training facility in Louisiana. Reluctantly, he takes the position. Moving into the school, he immediately increases the 18 week curriculum that routinely fails half of the people that attend. Here, he meets a young man (Ashton Kutcher) with unlimited potential, but with some secret that seems to hold him back as a team player.
Delving into his past, links are found that make him a psychic twin to the older man. Thrown into the midst of the story is a romance with a local girl (Melissa Sagemiller). Rescue missions punctuate the beginning and end of the story with the training sessions the center of the film...
So there you have it...Now you have something to do tonight, right?
For an excellent listing of the best date movies ever, visit Love Flicks
Stressed out? Turn to aromatherapy for help...
The ambient odors of orange and lavender have been proven to reduce anxiety!
Odors have long been known to be capable of altering the emotional state of humans. Physiological and psychological effects of essential oils have been acknowledged in folk medicine and aromatherapy for a long time. Citrus and lavender fragrances have been particularly attributed with mood enhancing properties by aromatherapists.
Recently, a study published in the September issue of the journal Physiology & Behavior, documented an investigation into the impact of the essential oils of orange and lavender on anxiety, mood, alertness and calmness in dental patients. A second goal of the study was to investigate whether stimuli from other modalities, music for example, have the same effect.
The researchers tested this hypothesis in a controlled experimental study taking advantage of the highly emotional situation usually encountered in a dentist's waiting room. While waiting for their dental procedures, patients were stimulated either with the ambient odor of orange or of lavender. These conditions were compared to a music condition and a control condition (no odor, no music). It was found that patients who were exposed to orange or lavender odor had a lower level of anxiety, a more positive mood, and a higher level of calmness compared to the patients in the control condition.
The results of this study confirmed the previous notion of sedative properties of the natural essential oil of orange in a clinical setting and extended it to the essential oil of lavender. The study further found that exposure to music in a dentist's waiting room has an intermediate effect, not as pronounced as the aromatherapy effect.
In conclusion, the study supports the traditional use of essential oils in altering emotional states. It also demonstrated that essential oils, used as ambient odors, might be helpful to reduce anxiety and improve mood in dental offices. Take advantage of this scientific research to reduce stress around your own home, with the use of orange and lavender essential oils!
For a compact and concise guide to basic aromatherapy, tune in to our Love Scents today
He loves me, he loves me not...
If you just can't figure out if he's interested or not, try one of these ploys to find out...
Not knowing is really half the fun, but if the suspense is just killing you, here are four simple experiments that will have a guy showing his true colors in no time:
1. Hand him the date on a silver platter. Next time you're hanging out with "Mr. Maybe", wait for a lull in the conversation, then say something like: "You know, I'm dying to (insert activity of your choice), but I can't get any of my friends to go." Then look him right in the eyes with your best happily mystified expression. If the evening ends and he hasn't asked you out, time to forget him and move on.
2. Invite him along. If you and this fella are out with a group, talk to a couple of your friends about making a change of location mid-evening, then ask him along. If he demurs, he's not interested. (You can also do this without the friends if he says yes, then great! It's just you and him ...)
3. Give him the digits. This won't work in every situation, but if, for instance, you're taking a class with a guy who seems interested, leave behind something of little or of no value, a spiral notebook say, with your name and phone number in it. If he doesn't call, or if he does and then only returns your property, you'll know he's not into you.
4. Tell him! The trick to this one is tone of voice. At some point in the conversation (only once), after he's said something particularly charming, funny or touching, respond generally ("That's amazing ...") and then say "You know, I like you" in the same tone of voice you'd use to say "I like your shirt." Then drop it. You've lost no face and now he has all the information he needs. If he doesn't use it, there's your answer.
From Mr. Answer Man, IVillage
Now, for more great dating tips and ideas, visit Dating Tips
The Advantages Of Being A Woman
1. We got off the Titanic first.
2. We get to flirt with systems support men who always return our calls, and are nice to us when we blow up our computers.
3. We can be groupies. Male groupies are called stalkers.
4. We can get off speeding fines by crying.
5. We've never lusted after a cartoon character or the central female figure in a computer game.
6. Taxis stop for us.
7. Men die earlier, so we get to cash in on the life insurance.
8. We don't look like a frog in a blender when dancing.
9. We can hug our friends without wondering if she thinks we're gay.
10. We can hug our friends without wondering if WE'RE gay.
11. New lipstick gives us a whole new lease on life.
12. It's possible to live our whole lives without ever taking a group shower.
13. If we forget to shave, no one has to know.
14. We can congratulate our team-mate without ever touching her butt.
15. If we have a zit, we know how to conceal it.
16. We never have to reach down ever so often to make sure our privates are still there.
17. We have the ability to dress ourselves without help.
18. We can talk to people of the opposite sex without having to picture them naked.
19. If we marry someone 20 years younger, we're aware that we look like an idiot.
20. Our friends won't think we're weird if we ask whether there's spinach stuck in our teeth.
21. There are times when chocolate really can solve all your problems.
22. We'll never regret piercing our ears.
23. We can fully assess a person just by looking at their shoes.
24. We know which glass was ours by the lipstick mark.
25. We have enough sense to realize that the easiest way to get out of being lost is to ask for directions.
***Okay, all you guys, equal time tomorrow... the advantages of being a man!
The Advantages Of Being A Man...
(25 reasons why it's better to be Man!)
1. Your ass is never a factor in a job interview.
2. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades...
3. Your last name stays put.
4. The garage is all yours.
5. Wedding plans take care of themselves.
6. You never feel compelled to stop a friend from getting laid.
7. Car mechanics tell you the truth.
8. You don't give a rat's ass if someone notices your new haircut.
9. Hot wax never comes near your pubic area.
10. Same work... more pay (sad but true).
11. Wrinkles---so what? Adds character.
12. You don't have to leave the room to make emergency crotch adjustments.
13. Wedding Dress: $2000; Tux rental: $100.
14. People never glance at your chest when you're talking to them.
15. New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet.
16. One mood, ALL the time, fits all occasions.
17. Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds.
18. A five-day vacation requires only 1 suitcase.
19. You can open all your own jars.
20. You can quietly watch a game with your buddy for hours without ever thinking "He must be mad at me.".
21. If another guy shows up at the party in the same outfit, you just might become lifelong friends.
22. You are not expected to know the names of more than five colors.
23. You don't have to stop and think which way to turn the nut on a bolt.
24. You are unable to see wrinkles in clothes.
25. Your orgasms are real. Always.
Lookin' for love? Go online! But don't fall into this trap...
Lonesome? Busy? Frustrated with the local dating scene? You may well find true love online... But please heed this essential advice before you launch into the crazy world of cyber dating... (The Rest of the Story...)
CRAP! It's tragic losing a best friend...
IT'S A CHICK FLICK
NO, IT'S A GUY MOVIE
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Well, we've had our new blog up for a few months now. How are we doing? What would YOU like to see posted here? We value your comments and suggestions. Future entries will include articles on dating, romance and relationships, quick tips, poems, quotes and jokes, "soulfood" recipes, movie and music reviews, reviews on romantic games and products, ideas for fun things to do, places to go and gifts to buy for your honey.
Love and romance should have top priority in your life use our blog to keep you focused.
Visit often, (or subscribe to our RSS feed), leave your comments in the blog, or email us with your ideas. We want to keep YOU entertained and informed. And thanks for visiting!
--Stella and the gang
HAPPY HALLOWEEN... Enjoy our cool jack-o-lanterns!
| Romance News | Dating Tips | Magic Pen | Love Magic | Love Advice | Fun & Games | Music, Movies & Books | Massage & Intimacy | Self Help | Soul Food | Travel & Gifts | September 2006 « » November 2006