Love Bytes, Issue #043--
Love Thru Eyes of Kids * Nice Gift * Online Love
Tip: This ezine is a visual experience. Set your email to html
instead of text only to enjoy our great graphics and photos. Gmail
users: click on the Display Images Below & Show Quoted Text
"My heart to you is given: Oh, do give yours to me; We'll lock them up together,
And throw away the key."
Love Through the Eyes of Children
Recently, a panel of professionals posed the question, "What does
love mean?" to a group of schoolchildren between the ages of 4 and
8. They got answers that were broader and deeper than anyone
could have imagined:
- "Love is that first feeling you feel before all the bad stuff gets in
- "When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her
toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when
his hands got arthritis too. That's love."
- "When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You
know that your name is safe in their mouth."
- "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne
and they go out and smell each other."
- "Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your french
fries without making them give you any of theirs."
- "Love is when someone hurts you. And you get so mad but you don't yell
at them because you know it would hurt their feelings."
- "Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."
- "Love is when my Mommy makes coffee for my Daddy and she takes a sip
before giving it to him to make sure the taste is OK."
- "Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing,
you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like
that. They look gross when they kiss."
- "Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening
presents and listen."
- "If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who
- "Love is hugging. Love is kissing. Love is saying no."
- "When you tell someone something bad about yourself and you're scared
they won't love you anymore. But then you get surprised because not only do
they still love you, they love you even more."
- "There are two kinds of love: Our love and God's love. But God makes
both kinds of them."
- "Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it
- "Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still
friends even after they know each other so well."
- "During my piano recital, I was on a stage and scared. I looked at all
the people watching me and saw my Daddy waving and smiling. He was the only
one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore."
- "My Mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else kissing
me to sleep at night."
- "Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken."
Remember when Art Linkletter used to chat with the kids at the end of his TV
program? (Showing my age here). It was the best part of the show, wasn't it?
Unpredictable and thought-provoking...
It takes the mind of a child to cut to the chase and interpret Love in all
its innocence. Maybe we adults could learn the true meaning of Love from these
Nice Car... Nice Gift
***Is their birthday coming up soon? For some great (and more realistic) gift
Gifts For Lovers.
Dear Stella: Is online love possible?
I am 39 years old. No boy friend. I search in the net and I found this man from
Pakistan. He is only 27 years old and he told me he loves me. how would I know
that he loves me. I did not see him in person we talk only through PC and
sometimes he called me or almost everyday and we texted each other often times.
Can these things can be called love?
The answer is NO! You cannot fall in love with someone you have never met. Love
involves more than just email messages, or even telephone chats! Real love
involves an all-encompassing passion and respect for the essence of another
person. And this involves physical attraction, as well. Don't try to find your
soul mate on the other side of the planet! You are young, with your whole life
ahead of you. Please check out our
Online Dating Guide. It's free, and is chock full of online dating tips,
maintaining realistic expectations, and safety and success on the net. Give it a
read today, Lucy, I think you'll find a complete answer to your question there.
We hope you have enjoyed this issue of Love Bytes Ezine. Each month, we will bring you another inspiring photo, quote or poem, plus fresh new articles on love, intimacy, dating and relationships.
Cause if you don't have love, nothing else matters...
~Stella and the girls from Findlove-Keeplove.com