CREATIVE MARRIAGE PROPOSALS
Creative marriage proposals...
Getting married? Have you asked her yet? No? Then stop and give this some thought. Your woman will remember your proposal for the rest of her life, so why not make it as special as possible? Browse the stories below to help you come up with your own unique and romantic creative marriage proposal.
P.S. This is the 21st century! We realize it may well be the woman popping the question! In fact, a 2003 proposal survey conducted by Korbel Champagne found that almost one in three (31 percent) Americans know a woman who has proposed marriage to a man.
These are a few old standbys that are sure to create a splash on your special engagement day:
- Rent a billboard and drive your beloved by it. EMC Outdoor offers billboards throughout the US and Canada. You could also check the yellow pages for a local billboard company.
- Put an ad in the local paper. This is easy to do and relatively inexpensive. Place a classified ad, such as "SWM, 31, seeking SWF, aged 28, to spend rest of life with. Must be named (Sarah). Will you marry me?" Or, spring for a small commercial ad with a picture of the two of you and your proposal. Contact your local paper for prices and details.
- Have a plane fly a banner. Make sure you do this on a clear, dry day. Plan a romantic outside date like a picnic, and point out the banner as the plane flies by. Arnold Aerial offers this service nationwide or check your yellow pages for a local company that offers sky banner service.
- Make a website to pop the question. Check out what this clever groom-to-be did: http://www.daveloveselizabeth.com/
- Make your marriage proposal the most memorable ever. Blow her away and leave everyone else speechless with one of these real-life stories: 101 Amazing Marriage Proposals
Share your own proposal ploy here, or tell us the story of an unusual or romantic marriage proposal you know of. The best submissions to our Mini-Forums win great prizes, so get to typing!
And don't forget the stories submitted by other visitors, below the form...
Know Of A Great Marriage Proposal?
Share it and win a great prize!
What Other Visitors Have Posted
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Shell we get married?
I had made this plan up days in advance so I had already gathered quite a few large white clam shells and kept them in the trunk of my car. Over the course …
80 Feet Down
Dig this! My hubby proposed to me 80 FEET down under the ocean. He proposed to me on a Scuba Slate. I loved it. We have been married for 10 years.
That's the way the cookie crumbles....
My husband Walt proposed to me in a really neat way. He took me out to eat at a Chinese restaurant. I didn't know what was coming, as we had not even discussed …
Written In Sand
My husband proposed to me at the beach. He took me out to dinner at a Tiki-bar restaurant on the beach. It was sunset, and a really pretty day.
We had …
Click here to write your own.
RETURN FROM CREATIVE MARRIAGE PROPOSALS TO HOME